Monday, January 2, 2017

Book Cover Designing: Advice from a Designer on Canva

I just read through this article and it was certainly helpful and inspirational. I often tend to make my covers really fancy because I like fantasy-esque images. But then I realized the best covers with the most impact do not have to be OMG SO FANTASY! all the time.

This article that I will link HERE gives good advice on how to make an eye-catching cover with great balance in everything.

For me in my personal covermaking experience, I found that a cover is not just about the image but also about the font, the placement of the font, how accurately the cover matches the story and/or it's message, and even font size. I suppose if I was an art student I'd learn all these things but I'm not so it took me years to really realize what covermaking actually was.

I think some of my premade legal covers follow some of the suggestions from the article, what do you think?

But anyway, if any of you amateur cover designers out there are taking a look at my blog, hopefully the link will help you out and inspire you, too :)

Now off to some covermaking!

See ya later, alligators! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment