Thursday, August 18, 2016

CD Jacket Idea: Patches of Life

Patches of Life: Front CD Jacket
I just wanted to design something. So I made this CD jacket. The patches of red poppy were created by using PicMonkey's black-and-white feature. I just clicked on the areas that I wanted to be the original color. Since the paintbrush is circular I was able to make these cool Swiss-cheese like patches. The little diamond-made-of triangles was added just because I felt it would look right. I did mess around with the idea of putting something more on but then...it would just be too busy.

Patches of Life: Back CD Jacket
For the back I took the exact same picture and toned down the contrast a bit in the PicMonkey feature "Exposure" which is truly awesome cuz sometimes if you mess around with it right, you can find things appear on darker pictures that had been darkened on purpose. The musical note is a PicMonkey overlay symbol. I thought, well, if I'm going with this CD jacket idea I might as well add on a music note. Just because. I messed around with putting on the diamond-made-of-triangles but settled on this simple music note. I put it on three times, the first two slightly off to make it look bolded, you know, like this. Just a PicMonkey embossing/shadow trick :)

The white circles are just white graphic circles with the inner color as transparent. Wait...is transparent a color???

Anyway, I also put the title of the CD, or rather the name of it, small on the top because it seemed right.

Finally, the awesome font is called Etharnig No12. Got some great vibes to it, I'll say :D

No comments:

Post a Comment